Voted # 1 source for Team Redlands information

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sunday is Bacon day !



I rarely ride both Saturday and Sunday's anymore. It's either one or the other. In the 909 if you have to choose it's usually the Saturday ride. The Raincross ride as it's called is usually the best bang for your buck.

This week the call went out that we may be rolling down to the 714. Yep heading out for back to back days to roll Como Street on Sunday.

I went to bed last night praying for rain, sleet or snow. No luck, the text message came from Turner before 6 am...Get up pussy were rolling to the OC and your still on double secret probation.

Wikipedia encyclopedia: Como Street

Como Street is a bicycle-riding group which starts in Tustin on Sunday mornings. The ride is composed of competitive cyclists and sometimes more that 100 riders take part. This ride is not recommended for recreational riders. The pace is fast and close quarter riding can be dangerous.

The ride is famous among cyclists and many elite level cyclists have participated, including Floyd Landis, who is reported to have compared the Como street ride to a climb during the Tour De France.

Did I mention I usually sleep in on Sundays and eat a package of Bacon while watching Floyd Landis on TV.

Thankfully tomorrow is a federal holiday and due to my oath as a Federal worker I am required to do nothing all day. No problem. and I will make up for missing Bacon Day.

1 comment:

  1. so did u survive Como? let me know when your rolling to the OC on a Sunday... I will join you.

    Dana

    ReplyDelete