Voted # 1 source for Team Redlands information

Monday, February 28, 2011

The Hail Mary



Chopper made his usual late return to the high end world of local crit bike racing this weekend. The menu called for 2 races the 45+ and the 40 1-4. I would have raced more but I had to get back to Redlands. JT was hosting an Academy awards party.

It's kinda fun being the wild card at these races. Unless you can show 300 bucks in gas receipts nobody pays you any mind. I raced my bike in the 45+ and spent more than a few laps chasing turbo. I played the 80/20 rule racing my bike for the first 80 percent of the race. Yep I know the preferred method is to sit and wait for the last 20 percent. I need to work on that.

In the 40 1-4 I decided to go with a hail Mary on lap #1. Jumped with 3 other riders including one of the Scott's. The move got us up the road and the gap was 30 seconds. Early on we lost one of the 4 guys. Let's call him the smart one. I stayed a few more laps before being unhitched. I have replayed that moment a few times in my head since yesterday. We had 2 out 3 guys in a break. No excuses I suck. Scott stayed away from lap # 1 till the bell lap. Once reunited Team Redlands took lots of spots in the top 10. Lesson of the day. Never leave your wingman in a bar or in a break.

I just realized I wrote a race report from a race I was in. This is not the team redlands web site. What am I doing. Next week I will be doing a review of chamois creams for women cyclist.

No comments:

Post a Comment