Voted # 1 source for Team Redlands information

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Crazy Ivan's



In the movie "The Hunt for Red October", a sharp turn made by a Russian submarine to look behind it with sonar. Is referred to as a Crazy Ivan.

By analogy, any quick, unexpected and radical change in direction, literally or metaphorically.

A few weeks ago on the Rain Cross ride I watched no less than 4 Crazy Ivan's. When will it stop, how many people have to die ? Why can't Team Redlands have a skills clinic for 40 year old men ?

Here is the deal. If you see someone on your left moving up and you think to your self hey this is my chance at some weekend warrior glory I will just pull my bike frantically to the left. Ask your self the following questions:

1. Am I the only person on Victoria ?
2. Is there a chance that someone else might be on that guys wheel already ?
3. When I drive my car on the highway do I just pull into the left lane without looking.
4. Am I Craig Turner ?

Are you starting to get the picture. Your not Craig Turner. You are a Russian Sub driver and you just pulled a Crazy Ivan. All Stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment