Voted # 1 source for Team Redlands information

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Love ya Blue !



In poker we have a saying, if you can’t find the sucker at the table it’s you. You can often find yourself in a similar position in cycling. Just this weekend I found myself on the wrong wheel at the wrong time. Let me explain.

See as one of the team plumbers you can sometimes forget that you don’t posses the speed, agility and basic cycling skill of the other Team Redlands riders. You can get caught up in the moment because you are wearing the team kit.

I am guessing the internal monologue for everyone on Saturday with 1000 meters to go went something like this:

Chopper: Hey look at me I am on JT’S wheel!
JT: Ok, all is well moving up the outside, going to bring norm up.
Norm: Foist how did you get up here?
Craig: I should punch someone in the quad.
Miller: My quads look good.
Manning: These people are way under insured.

Chopper: Crap I am on JT’s Wheel.
Norm: Whoa I have a kid
JT: Glycogen stores are good, all pistons are firing. I could have lead out Cippolini in the day.
Craig: I am going to give that guy in the truck a neck punch.
Manning: Does that dog need a home?
Miller: I miss Padgett

JT: (looks behind him and sees it’s not one of the chosen on his wheel) WTF.
Chopper: Just living the dream
Norm: Play times over till I get home.
Craig: My quads look better than Miller’s
Miller: My carpet need’s cleaning
Manning: I like Scotch, I like saying Scotch, and maybe I should go to Scotland. Is that where Scotch is from?

My dad always said there are just some things you don’t spray paint on an overpass.


3 comments:

  1. Classic. The best running commentary ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude.....I don't even like you , but that is some funny stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was funny. And I missed being out there.

    ReplyDelete