Voted # 1 source for Team Redlands information

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

909 a fun place to ride !




Here at Team Redlands we receive many cards and letters. Just the other day, I received correspondence from someone looking to relocate to the 909.

Dear Sirs,

Due to the economic down turn my family will be forced to relocate here to the 909. I have garnered a high paying job at ESRI in Redlands. I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction. I am looking to join a cycling team. Could you give me a brief rundown of the different teams?

Name withheld due to the privacy act rights


Dear, Douche Bag

Yes, I can give you a brief description of the road cycling scene here in Redlands. The three major teams in town are sorta like the Moose, Elks and American legion in fact let’s just call them that for now.

The Moose are a friendly bunch of fellows. They will help you with a flat, give you there last bottle of Gatorade and never leave you behind while passing through the Mead Valley area. They enjoy Crit practice and long walks on the beach.

The Elks are an upstart bunch of young bucks that through will power, hard work determination and positive thinking are making a splash in the southern California race scene. They have pizza parties and often carpool to the rides. They never ride alone and I think they have jackets with there names on them. They are working on nicknames right now, so it might be a good time to join them.

The last group is a great place for a new cyclist. There is nothing more this group loves than mentally tormenting a new person. Bob knight wouldn’t make it to the Calimesa burger king on the Sunday ride without quitting. Trek was going to green light some project one bikes for us that read “suck it “. Due to a typo at the factory we all had to buy our own bikes. All religions welcome.

Good luck to your family and we hope to see you on a ride soon.

2 comments:

  1. OK.... You are out-doing yourself now. Keep it coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just when I don't think you can come up with anything funnier, you pass my expectations. The bob knight thing...freaking hilarious.

    ReplyDelete