Voted # 1 source for Team Redlands information

Monday, March 12, 2012

The Weekends Tilt



It's bike racing season here in So Cal and for me that can only mean one thing race my bike ?

I used to coach runners back in the day. I often found myself on Monday morning reviewing the weekend results. Yesterday was the final day of the Tour De Murrieta. Time to reflect on the weekend of bike racing here in So Cal and some timely observations about racing.

The 45+ masters in So Cal is now fast and scary. The level of competition , fitness and 100 people trying to all ride in the top 25 can make you age real fast.

People don't have a clue how to warm up for a race. Don't have a clue.

Race fitness is not the same as Cycling fitness.

Taking nutrition during a road race is essential. Finding a moment to eat a Gel during a road race is tricky.

Being nice at a race is taken as a sign of weakness.

There are teams at bike races. There are people who ride for a team.

I wonder if Thurlow Rogers ever gets bored of beating everyone.

I don't know why I race my bike. I have started this season just where I left of last year. I find myself fit enough to stay in but not aggressive enough to warrant racing. I am crit filler at best and if that's the case then maybe I should go golfing instead.

The Tilted kilt can make you forget about all of the above the second you walk in the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment