Voted # 1 source for Team Redlands information

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Finding your one thing



I was thinking long and hard about the bike classic. I had lot's of takes about the four days. The guys who raced. The time I spent with the redlands classic volunteers. The usual suspects on the curbs. The usual drinkers at the VIP tent. The guys who never put a number on their kit. Twitter and winning. The guys who help out every year with registration. The town folk who support the classic. the town folk who don't. The weather. The kids races. The USA crits. Redlands is not Ontario, you just can't just show up and think you are gonna sit in. Getting old is not for pussies. Podium douche bags(not Andrew). How when dealing with volunteers the first word out of your mouth always needs to start with the words "thank you". What I learned about turning left on the crit course instead of the 4 right turns. That the Redlands crit course separates the posers from the racers and usually in 2 laps. The classic is a Redlands tradition. But most of all I learned that lots of guys I ride with still can't figure out what that one thing is.

No comments:

Post a Comment