Voted # 1 source for Team Redlands information

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Join the campaign | Trek Bikes



On May 20, 2002 my mother Pat passed away after a long battle with colon cancer. My mother was not like me she never complained and you never knew she was in pain. 82 days later my sister Janet died of pancreatic cancer. She spent the end of her life helping her dying mother.

In 82 days that summer I lost half of my family. I used my humor, running, and coaching to cope with the loss. I had pictures of them on my bike later that year when I completed my first Ironman. To this day I think of them when I ride my bike.

Currently, you can visit the Trek Bikes site and create " I ride for stickers." I thought it was a cool idea, because 8 years later I still ride for them. I just wish I rode faster for them.

Join the campaign Trek Bikes

Posted using ShareThis

No comments:

Post a Comment