Voted # 1 source for Team Redlands information

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Team Meeting follow up

Here is an e-mail the unofficial blog received today:

Dear unofficial blog

Instead of sleeping I am writing this e-mail. Earlier this evening I attended the Team Redlands meeting. I still can't believe I am a part of TR, It seems like just last year I was buying a bike and some Pearl Izumi shorts. Maybe because that was just last year.

I don't want to get into my beliefs or the upcoming election. Let's just say I am very conservative. I have never passed gas in front of my wife.

I really wanted to vote for the "fun" kit but I just couldn't do it. See I don't really want to stand out from all the other teams wearing red,white and black in the so cal cycling scene. The other kit just looked right , something about it just seemed familiar. It's like I have seen it before and I like that.

I went out to the car after the meeting and my current years kit was on the passenger seat. That's when it hit me. The kit I just voted for is exactly like last years except it is turned upside down. Crap.

Should I have voted for the Eddie Van Halen kit. What would it have felt like to roll up to the Ontario 30+ 4/5 with that kit. Would I have heard " riding with the devil" .Would my game have risen to match my kit. Would I finally be able to pass gas in front of my wife !

Anyhow I hope we get a chance to vote again I didn't see many of the players there who would have voted for the kit. I know Padgett, Abel, Welsh, Bryer, Lanza etc would all vote for the " fun" kit. Because I guess I just realized this is supposed to be fun even if I can't......

2 comments:

  1. ...pass gas on the saturday ride.
    ...smile or wave at other Team Redlands riders I pass on Olive.
    ...put my nose in the wind...ever.
    ...get an invite to Mark Foist's 50th birthday party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and by the way, I've ordered by 2012 sideways kit, oh I mean the 2013 kit and paid my $25 membership fee. So now where do I redeem my 50% discount for the new 7 series Madone and get race reimbursements for the 2 Onterrible crits I did?(I was able to sit in and sprint for a top 30 spot in each race).

    ReplyDelete