Voted # 1 source for Team Redlands information

Saturday, June 23, 2012

You're Not God !

Since this blog is aptly named the Team Redlands unofficial blog I guess its time to write about something cycling related and maybe even a little topical. So here goes.

When the fuck did all you people who ride a bike and wear a kit from any organization, fictitious, make believe or an actual team. think that made you god in all things cycling ? I know who the god of local cycling is and trust me it ain't you !

In the good old days a few senior dudes would lay down the law give you an earful because they knew the actions they were watching could lead to the death of themselves and the other cyclists. Now every Fred that has spent 12 months in a saddle and wearing a kit from a Michael Ball garage sale is barking from the peloton.

The ride that has gotten way out of control is Crit Riot. Now I know the first rule of Crit Riot is not to talk about Crit Riot or hell even Blog about Crit Riot but what the hell. I would donate $25 to the RICO kids if we could make it through one Thursday night without the post game " Bark A Thon".

The problem is now I am seeing a spillover into Joe Public cyclist. I came across some chick laying down some rules on FB the other day. Your not God, none of you are.You don't represent the cycling community none of you do. We can all only represent ourselves. Police up your own dicks and stop worrying about ever other person on a bike. If we do that then all should take care of itself. According to the people at National Geographic it's called the selection process.

I miss the skills clinics when do Joy and Brian get back ?

1 comment:

  1. How dare you..... I wish I knew who you were and we would have words... I am a recreational rider that has been riding for 7 months, I read five different Internet blogs so I know the "rules" your lame and I bet you ride compact gearing!!!

    ReplyDelete