Voted # 1 source for Team Redlands information

Monday, August 15, 2011

Camp Chopper pre ride



The Camp Chopper pre ride took place this weekend. I have driven these roads many times but had yet to ride the routes on a bike. I can honestly say it was a real eye opener and I was able to tweak the routes for the upcoming camp.

The number one impression I took away from riding the hills around Paso. This must be the reason God invented cycling and It was probably the reason God invented mountain goats and sherpas.

The climbs are challenging and some of the roads seem to go up hill both ways if that's possible. The video was taken on one of the downhill sections so don't be fooled into thinking the rides are easy. That was the one moment I could hold my Iphone and ride.

On two separate days we will have climbs on Santa Rosa Rd and Old creek Road returning from the coast. Each of these climbs are epic. Santa Rosa Road was supposed to be used on ATOC. Camp Chopper will feature that climb at the end of the Saturday ride.

My final thoughts while on the bike were about the miles. The routes and roads are whicked tough. You cant measure the routes by miles alone. Miles are what 40 year old women training for their first marathon worry about. The rides at Camp Chopper ain't about the miles. you will find that out real quickly as I did this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment